Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
An Answer, If I May....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Schnee/">Schnee on June 30, 1998 11:44:13 UTC

: Why is it that the two of us respond to more : postings than anyone else, and yet the two of : us have fewer postings on the main page than : many other people? : How much do you know about quantum tunneling? Do : you thing that induced quantum tunneling could : ever be used as a practical means of : transportation? I mean, it's faster than light : travel, instantaneous, actually, and we know how, : generally, it starts. maybee one of these days : we might actually learn how to use it, maybee. : What do you think?

I think the two of us are here to help out with questions of others and luckily ran into each other to ask the REALLY tough questions and discuss the answers. As for quantum tunneling.....I haven't heard of that, I am going to assume it's some sort of wormhole?? Am I assumming correctly here? If I am, then I think that quantum tunneling is the ONLY means of traveling throughout space. We know how to make it?? How?? And why havn't we tried making it already, it's save a lot of $$ in a trip as short as even mars. Or is quantum tunneling more like a star trek transporter?? Oh yea, I also found a couple of books about quantum mechanics at the library, one is called "Taking the Quantum Leap" and it's basically a lamens term quantum mechanics book, the other is WAY more in depth, called, "Quantum Mechanics, Chaos Theory, and Cosmology", and it is proving very helpfull, explaining quantum gravity in 2 + dimensions and something called a ponctiere system or something like that....does that make any sense? what is it?

-Schnee

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins