Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Big Bang To The End Of The Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Sapwoso/">Sapwoso on June 16, 1998 15:46:36 UTC

From what I understand the universe as we know it was created when a Black hole of Universal mass exploded.

My first question is what caused this black hole to explode?

1) when a black hole reaches a critical mass it explodes. 2) an external force acted on it.

Since I can't see how a black hole can have a critical mass. I'm assuming some external force caused the Big Bang. Does this sound right?

The only external force that I can imagine that would affect a black hole is another black hole. So lets say that just before the beginning of the Universe we have 2 Black holes of mass X and Y, where X + Y equals the total mass of the universe. Now imagine these 2 black holes getting caught in each others gravity well, in such a way that they smash into each other. Could such a collision cause what we call the Big Bang?

End of the universe:

If the above can be discount, don't bother reading further.

If the Big bang was caused by the collision of 2 black holes, you can argue that where there are 2 there are probably more. So if there are other universal black holes, could it be possible that instead of our universe ending in the Big Crunch or the Big Fissile, parts of it gets swallowed by other Universal black holes which eventually collide and make other universes?

Please let me know if I missing something.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins