Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Big Bang To The End Of The Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by moye,muhiyidin/">moye,muhiyidin on May 4, 1999 01:36:34 UTC

: : From what I understand the universe as we know it was : : created when a Black hole of Universal mass exploded.

: : My first question is what caused this black hole to : : explode?

: : 1) when a black hole reaches a critical mass it : : explodes. : : 2) an external force acted on it.

: : Since I can't see how a black hole can have a critical : : mass. I'm assuming some external force caused the Big : : Bang. Does this sound right?

: : The only external force that I can imagine that would : : affect a black hole is another black hole. So lets : : say that just before the beginning of the Universe we : : have 2 Black holes of mass X and Y, where X + Y equals : : the total mass of the universe. Now imagine these 2 : : black holes getting caught in each others gravity well, : : in such a way that they smash into each other. Could : : such a collision cause what we call the Big Bang?

: : End of the universe:

: : If the above can be discount, don't bother reading : : further.

: : If the Big bang was caused by the collision of 2 black : : holes, you can argue that where there are 2 there are : : probably more. So if there are other universal black : : holes, could it be possible that instead of our universe : : ending in the Big Crunch or the Big Fissile, parts of : : it gets swallowed by other Universal black holes which : : eventually collide and make other universes?

: : Please let me know if I missing something.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins