Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Theory Of Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by jerry long/">jerry long on May 29, 1998 01:34:11 UTC

As i understand it, matter, time, energy are all pulled past the event horision into the black hole by the gravity field surrounding the singularity at the base of the vortex of the black hole . What i would like to understand is what is happening to all the energy. I always understood that for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction. If the black hole is eating whole galaxies that is a tremendous amount of energy to just dissapear and never take into account. is there a point that a black hole can not hold in the energy it has engulfed. I wonder if the jets we see in some of the black holes is a safty release of some kind. it would seem to fit.Well at least to me it does. If you have a diffrent opinion i would love to here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins