Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Theory Of Singularities

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jason Schneekloth/">Jason Schneekloth on June 10, 1998 15:45:51 UTC

A black hole doesn't EAT up things....if the our sun were to instantly turn into a black hole, no orbital mechanics would change, it would simply become very dark, and very cold. The only area that a black hole can do the funky stuff is once somehting passes it's Event Horizon.

: As i understand it, matter, time, energy are all pulled past the event horision into the black hole by the gravity field surrounding the singularity at the base of the vortex of the black hole . What i would like to understand is what is happening to all the energy. I always understood that for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction. If the black hole is eating whole galaxies that is a tremendous amount of energy to just dissapear and never take into account. is there a point that a black hole can not hold in the energy it has engulfed. I wonder if the jets we see in some of the black holes is a safty release of some kind. it would seem to fit.Well at least to me it does. If you have a diffrent opinion i would love to here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins