Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
As I Understand Virtual Paticles

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 19, 2004 03:40:44 UTC

---
Virtual particles can pretty much "do" whatever they like, including traveling faster than light, so long as they disappear before they violate the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

In other words, we can assume Virtual particles violate all known physical laws just because we can't catch them at it.

Sort of like if the tree fell in the forest and no one saw it fall did it really fall.

I have been there and they fall even if I wasn't there to watching them.

----
When you would say static gravitational field you are saying the space toward the black hole is being warped with respect to the space away from the black hole.

So the black hole field can not exist except with respect to another field which is 'flat(er)'.

This would seem to indicate that the acceleration of a mass object may have as much to do with where it is coming from as where it is going to.

If this is the case then information coming toward the black hole may be causing the acceleration. Or lack of information coming from the black hole is causing the acceleration.

This requires further thought on my part.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins