Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Known To My Friends As Mild-mannered, I Think

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on March 20, 2002 18:04:05 UTC

Dear Mr. Yanniru,

YOu wrote:

"You must be Mike Pearson He is the only person on this forum that writes such obnoxious posts

No regard"

I'm too old for you to invoke your venerable retired status as an excuse to be gruff.
I understand you feeling that way, and if you know how I feel right now that you have said that, you might take heart (on the good 'side' of your heart). I care what you think, even when you are unfair, though I have been upset by many things you have written --but not the most by the personal attacks (which are very minor consequence in this context) and the accusations that I am the constant attacking one ( a little more consequential perhaps, but not the worst).
The blanket condemnations of nations and families is what bothers me, in part because it lacked any rigor at all. It was just passing along propaganda with little balancing scholarship.
I decided to call a spade a spade, trusting that you will endure it.

Here's my self-serving version, but I try to be fair.
I do not know if you have received such
comments before which were as well-founded as these. If not, it looks like you should have. It may have harmed your sense of balance that you did not. You rushed to judgement then take your time on the penalty phase. I called for a halt to that. You must be able to do better than that.
When you summon forth your deep knowlegde of cosmological esoterica, it could make
a lover of truth almost giddy with anticipation of advancement of some variety of good for which a universe may yearn. But when the same someone is seen rushing to judgement (with dubious fairness) on persons, it wipes all the good off the table.
But maybe that's all behind us now.
I'm quite wary of bullshit from any direction, including God, so don't take offense. I'm just being honest and 'critical' in the scientific sense, at the level I can muster.

Thank you

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins