Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Quite...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Astrophysicist on May 2, 1998 09:55:05 UTC

Several leading physicist have speculated on the existence of gravitons and have even made up some rules that they might follow. They also discussed antigravitons. Antigravitons do repell matter (providing they do exist) in a manner opposite of gravitons attracting matter. Antimatter is something of a misnomer, however: an anti-proton, for example, could interact with most types of "normal" matter, it is just with "normal" protons that they obliterate eachother. (It is very difficult, though, to get anti-protons or any other type of anti-matter to interact with matter other than what it is opposite of, though) You may want to check me on this at www.aip.org/ but I think believe that I'm right.

: I've heard people mention gravitons which are particles that act as the force gravity.

: So my question is assuming there are gravitons would there be antigravitons which would have the same affect on antimatter as gravitons do on regular matter?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins