Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Traveling Back In Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Newman on January 14, 2001 17:03:20 UTC

I have read many of the articals of traveling in time. But i have one agruement to many of your beliefs. There is no way to travel into time future unless you slow down completly to the relative galaxy stop. If you hit this stop position in theory time will continue everywhere around you but because you are not moving at all when you hit this stop you can not come out of this stop. I a black hole you will be accelerated and therefore go faster then light and theoritically time. Knowing the fact that the faster you go the slower time goes when till you hit the threshold of light speed where everything will stand still. So instead of traveling into the future everything will stop but you will still be travaling and able to move. Then if you accelerate slightly time will start to go backwards as you will pass light. I will be interested to here any agruements or comments about this threory.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins