Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Quark-Guon Plasma Created At CERN.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kev on February 17, 2000 18:33:01 UTC

I had posted on this earlier. Personally, I find the possibility of the formation of a mini-black hole something of a concern. Although, statistically, the probability of such formation is almost indistinguishable from zero, it is not zero or can not be proven to be zero.

I believe the minimum density required for a sustaining black hole is 10^36 protons occupying the same space as a single proton under 'normal' circumstances. Due to the fact that quark-gluon plasma is postulated to be incredibly dense primordial matter, the statistical probability does go up from 'normal' circumstances for the formation of a mini-black hole(s).

On the other hand, the formation of mini-black holes may not be that uncommon and just a statistical anomaly in a large universe. The overall life stability of such mini-black hole(s) may be brief, but since the process is not well understood warrants caution.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins