Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Mass And Gravitational Force

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Herb S. on January 30, 2000 03:27:01 UTC

: How is Mass related to Gravitational force. : Why do Mass of heavy objects like planets or stars : have this force of attraction. : Is it gravitational force due to mass or whats reasoning here ?????? : So that means if a object of say mass equivalent of earth is created then it has gravitational force of 9.8

: Is this an answer why should any object with a huge mass have a force of attraction at all. : whats is the reason of its existence.if it is proportional to the mass.

: How i would relate to query is that its rather the : composition of matter on earth which relates to gravitional force or so i say attractive force.

: Instead of branding it saying it exist so be it. : I would like to reason this out.

The current theory of gravity is General Relativity, which explains how. It does not explain why. In fact physical theories in general explain how, but not why, things happen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins