Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: He Tells Me To Study Physics.I Tell Him Physics Works Only On Earth.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by yelmalio/">yelmalio on January 22, 2000 23:31:20 UTC

tjUniversal magnetism is area to be studied . if magnetism exist in universe then electric force exist too. YelmalioIts called Elctromagnetism found by a guy called James Clerk Maxwell 100+ years ago

TJI did not ask who founded electromagnetism

My mistake, sorry for that. I thought that if you had studied Electromagnetism you understood it was only responsible for creating EM waves. I had hoped to maybe enlighten you as to where to start studying this topic if you where interested. Obviously you understand this better than I.

why should i believe in somebody else's wave theory.

This thread sequed elsewhere.

Since A electromagnetic wave in itself is not understood properly.

In all humbleness to a higher intellect, I beg to differ. how are radio waves (EM waves) used to transmit radio and TV images to your home, how do cell phones work, how is light interpreted from interferometers and spectrometers, how are X-rays used in hospitals, how do microwave ovens work, how did this message get received by you, how does a phone work? All the above and more are examples of practical applications of Electromagnetism.

Can you explain this what is a wave and what is particle.

A wave is a thing that that goes up and down, a particle is a point like object. What I can't explain is why particles behave like waves and waves like particles, Max Planck and quntum mechanics not withstanding.

: *******************************

: : Is The black hole a Black hole or a Huge MAGNETIC FORCE attracting galaxies. Magnetism is transparent its a force like gravity

Magnetism is a not force like gravity, it's a special case of Electromagnetism. . Gravity depends on mass and (para)magnetism on aligned dipole moments in a material. But they are transparent, yes. Thay are also measurable.

Sun has its own magnetic attraction.

It has a magnetic field, that is not that same as an attraction. How would the solar wind escape otherwise. Why haven't planets crashed into the Sun yet?

Each planet have their dipole North and South pole.I need not prove that to you.

What about Mercury, Venus, Mars and Pluto and Charon?

Dipoles are due to an asymmetry in the charge distubrution in an atomic nucleus. Paramagnetism is caused by the dipoles all being aligned the same way. I am not aware of a current, accepted, theory on why the Earth has a magnetic field, the courts out on details but has something to do with a rotating liquid mantle.

Similarly each and every galaxy have their own cumulative North and south pole.

Cite? Where is the evidence?

What is existence of these magnetic field . There has to be great deal of electric forces involved. gaseous are part of galaxy . Gases can create electric force.

Changing magnetic fields cause electric fields and vice versa. An ionised gas, a plasma, is found inside Galaxies. A non-ionised gas is also found inside a Galaxy. Plasma != non-ionised gas != forces between galaxies.

I will not tell you any author name to explain my point here you have to search for yourself to understand for yourself.

I'm well read on Maxwell and Alfven thank you.

As is well known Galaxies are nebulae. I won't quote any authors, it's up to you to prove me wrong.

magnetic forces exist to stop flow electricity. Every action has a reaction .

Eh! You are trying to convince me that the gases in a galaxy cause electricity to cause magnetism that hold galactic clusters together then say that magnetism stops electricity! Ever turned a TV on.

Microwave background is property of magnetism

How so?

Magnetron device are used to create microwave.. Go search for magnetron.I do not want to explain here.

You misplepped Klystron.

Hubble redshift is for the movement of galaxy . Every galaxy is receding from each other But that does not imply Big bang took place

Keyword: Receding.

It can imply there are some huge forces which are attracting these galaxy.

Keyword: Attracting.

You said Attracting & Receding in the same context. This is a non-sequitor.

Yelmalio>but Gravity more than adequately explains it.

******************* TJgravity does not *******************

How?

Whats Gravity. Can you explain it.And why does it exist.

Yep! It's due to the curvature of spacetime by a mass as expressed by the Einstein tensor, stress-energy tensor and Minkowski manifolds.

There is reason for existence of magnetism and electricity.

There is but it has nothing to do with holding glaxies togethter.

BUT Can ANYBODY create gravity.

In fact, your'e right. It's damn hard to produce as it's hard to make anything big enough to have a gravitational effect. Whereas it's dead easy to make a magnet or electricity and meauser them. We know more about Electromagnetism than Gravity.

Or is it Every Big Body planet/stars etc has a force of attraction And thats gravity. I do not think so its as simple as that.

Ah, ha. Sorry. We are all allowed our own ideas here. I think it's as simple as gravity.

Please reply me on this since i have my own views here get back to you later

Keep them to yourself.

Physics is okay on earth . Rules of physics do not apply to Universe.

Funny that, if I see a star in the sky it is not obeying the same rules as I am. So it's a marshmallow.

Yelmalio - I don't want to explain here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins