Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Thanx For Being So Harsh.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Morgan Storey/">Morgan Storey on January 18, 2000 10:52:07 UTC

: Its more than a theory, the observational evidence is quite good. Look up the Hubble Space Telescope web pages & CHANDRA X-Ray observatory and Imagine sites at NASA. Lots of good detail there on Black Hole candidates.

I know it i more than a theory, but how can you see something inspace that is black... and how close to a blackhole have you been? not much closer than I, I would suspect.

: Proof please? Relativity is well founded and is the theory that predicts Black Holes. Your "theory" can be discounted by application of proof by reduction to absurdity. Assume that Special and General Relativity are wrong. Therefore Black Holes are not predicted and understood. Therefore they do not exist. Hence time can not be caused by them, they don't exist.

Blackholesin the centre of galaxies is aproven as blackholes themselves, they have "seen" with the hubble and radio telescopes the gas funneling into one of these super massive blackholes... the question still remains no one has ever seen a blackhole just it's effects.

: Dr. Alexander Abian was a net kook of the highest standing. His principle TIME IS MATTER, was based on one principle alone, he was right everyone is wrong. There was no proof, no principle, no prediction from the theory. Check deja.com or any news archive for the rebuttals to Abian on sci.physics and sci.astro.

Well I heard proof to this theory, an abian was captured.

: Any theory has to make observable predictions. You say time speeds up as you get closer to a Black Hole. What would you measure to show this. Does it match the many observations of real black holes, the observations that are predicted by Relativity.

You would measure the differentiation of the two clocks the one closer to the blackhole and the one further away.

: Also, what about normal stellar mass Holes? They too would have the properties you ascribe them. In this theory there would be many, many regions where time flowed at different rates. This has not been observed, ever.

Ah so you have really travelled, you have even seen tellar mass holes? Why not prescribe this theory to them to, if the curve and bend spacetime then why would they not also drag spacetime to them.

: Mail Me if you post to a comment here.If you don't have email get one at www.hotmail.com.

: Waste of bandwidth, if you want to discuss, reply to this message.

No not a waste of bandwidth, some people may want to reply personally, also I cannot always check this page and may forget I posted here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins