Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Endless Space True Or False

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on April 13, 1999 23:53:26 UTC

: today i read an artical about how space may not be endless how it might just be folded in on its slef

: is this just an visual thing or could we actually " travel east by going west" sort of deal could we go in to the deepest parts of space by going the other way so to say

: : how would we know what shape the universe is it gives a pretty weird disription in the magaizen but it looks kind of like a donut foled in on its self then end to end

: who think this is write : who doesnt

***I don't know myself, but if there isn't, then we may always think there is, Kinda like the question, Does god exist, are there universal right and wrongs... I do not think there is an end though, space to me is nothing, and matter resides within it, I wonder if the universe has and end, if the light that reaches that end bounces back or goes through the ? barrier and turns into nothing or into another form of matter, or really does just keeps on going until it meets another object, or at that distance, some other light... Would this explain the seemingly spread out nature of matter? because if space is an infinite nothingness, if some of the energy or matter escapes the large influence of gravity, it would be gone for good. If not for gravity, all would be spread out in atomic particals and there would be no conglomeration whatsoever. I once ran into a sliding glass door, and it hurt. Mabey this is why there are black holes, natures way of keeping the matter rather than losing it to infinite space? Who knows, all mainstream institutionalized ideas are probably correct, even if they are wrong...

: why : pleas respond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins