Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Creation Scenario

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by LegendLength/">LegendLength on January 24, 1999 18:08:53 UTC

Please tell me what you think about this. I know it seems like meaningless use of math but I like to think it has some possibility of being true.

You start with a universe which contains nothing. No matter or energy or even dimensions. The size of the universe can't be calculated because there's nothing in it to relate to. You could argue the size of it is zero because it contains nothing, or maybe you could say it's size is infinite because it's undefined. The best answer would probably be that it's silly to try and calculate the size of this hypothetical universe.

Lets say for this argument that the size is infinite.

So were left with an infinite amount of nothing, or in math terms : (1/0) * (0/1)

Reducing that we get 0/0 (zero over zero) which is a strange number. To me 0/0 is another numerical way of representing a dimension as it seems to represent all real numbers simultaneously.

From this number crunching it seems that a dimension has been created out of nothing. If not a dimension then maybe a random value?

Please tell me what you think about this, I know some of the conclusions I've made are very flimsy but I'd just like to see thoughts about it thanks.

• Great site for IT news

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins