Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: "What Constitues Life..."

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte on January 12, 1999 17:31:24 UTC

: I like the CD analogy :-)...but it's too self serving...in the human sense. Since we can only understand and appreciate design in the human context therefore it is only in : that context. Design adheres to a specific need. Could we say then that, if everything was designed, then for what purpose? The question arises then, are we then the : sole design of this purpose? Is everything around us designed merely to suite our purpose? Or is someone being entertained by the folies if human angst?

Exactly my point. I believe that because we are created in the image of God, life as we define it, fits this context of human life. If God is the alpha and omega, God ultimately is reality.

Any other way of defining life is limitless. We may as well say that space is living. If our view of life is not in context with the here and now then my views likewise will be very subjective.

For example... If I have no purpose as to why I am here; no reason that I exist, then I may as well view my life as relative to all other matter. Who am I to say that my life is the benchmark of what nature defines as life.

But this is exactly what is so ludicrous. We get so philosophical about our mere existence that we start wondering if we are any different than an atom!

If mankind has never recieved any divine revelation from our creator, God. Then I would be in your shoes my friend. But the fact is God has revealed himeself to us, in who he is, his purpose and plan of salvation through his son Jesus Christ...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins