Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Rationalism Awakens

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Voice of Reason on December 8, 1998 05:39:19 UTC

:I too consider my self a Deist, one who believes in :sceince and God at the same time. :I believe that science is merely the tool for :uncovering the mysteries of God. I :agree that statistics are no basis for whether or not :there is a God. Only intense study :and (believe it or not) prayer must be utilized for :the purpose of proving or disproving :His existence. I can personally promise you that if :you sincerely pray to Him to tell :if He exists then He will answer you (perhaps by an :intense feeling). Keep in mind that you must :sincerely ask him, :and I promise you that if he does answer you, then He :is there, and if he doesn't, then :you can know in your heart that He is not there.

God of science & God of religion are not one. GOD IS THE GREATEST EXCUSE IN MANKIND'S HISTORY. Deism gives not a whole solution. Rationalism alone is the whole picture. God of Descartes has no true meaning. he is a reason to all. he might as well be a pile of physical rules. God of Pascal is nothing more than the search for a life beyond; a point to it all. I wish to understand the god- says the man of reason. I wish to worship the god by spreading the seeds of blindness on Earth- says the man of relegion. Yet the god remains an excuse. nothing more than a worthwhile concept. not defined. not understood. all fear the grand maker; DEAD IS THE GOD. FUNDMENTALISM REPLACES RATIONALISM; a brief history of mankind. excuses are meaningless; surely, the thinking biotic form known as man is liable to find a more superior trace. Understand Nature. do not fear it. excuses are of no use. POINTLESS IS THE GOD.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins