Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Think! (once More, Fellow Poet)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Voice of Reason on December 15, 1998 23:47:19 UTC

let me just point out that the death of the illusion named GOD was not to be avoid. a world controlled by a grand maker is a world that leaves not a purpuse for thinking. you will have to forgive my often use of epic literacy & etc. for I too possest - as one irrational fellow would say- the soul of a poet. you attemp to try and understand nature- yet, your searches are of no use. science and philosophy may not exist as rationalism is lost. a world ruled by a great deity force, is a world that consist not of UNCERTAINTY. man is god??? the concept known as god is not defined for the so-called 'grand maker' itself-- pointless is the god. alas, I had not a choice. I was bound to exterminate the religous hypothese. how may rationalism be reflected as blindness to you, I fail to understand. do realize, that according to my lesson, there is nothing into thinking which lacks the values of rationalism. the concept known as god was born in the minds of men and women who missed the comfort of a great deity force. weinberg knows.

YOU DARE TO CLAIM THAT RATIONALISM IS BLINDNESS, GIVING NO REASON AT ALL, AND THUS POINT OUT THAT THE TRUTH LIES IN THE LION'S MOUTH. YOU CLAIM THAT WE ARE BOUND TO SEEK ANSWERS IN A HIGHER LEVEL. FAITH.

RATIONALISM- FOR THE SEARCH FOR TRUTH IS NOT POSSIBLE WHILE IGNORING RATIONAL VALUES.

FAITH- ?

YOU DARE TO NAME MY SEARCH FOR TRUTH- BLINDNESS, AND YET SING ALONG YOUR POINTLESS BLIND BELIEFS. FOR YOU WERE TAUGHT THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT; WHY BOTHER THINKING???

AS THE GOD RULES HIS KINGDOM, OUR SEARCH FOR UNDERSTANDING TURNS UP TO BE OF NO USE, INDEED.

THAT IS THE VERY CAUSE THAT LED ME TO CREATE MY LESSON.

WHY GOD? FOR THINKING IS OF A GREAT TROUBLE.

so long, fellow poet, and-

Think!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins