Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Speed Of Light Vs. Speed Of Gravity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Science=Religion/">Science=Religion on December 4, 1998 06:09:44 UTC

Recently I have read an article saying that the speed of light is decreasing. if this is true it has "desastrous" consequences for the Universe as we describe it. Can anybody tell me more about this?

About Speed of Gravity and Speed of Light. A black holes "sucks up" everything, even light. Light near a black hole is bended toward that hole. In order for the light parical/wave to "feel" this force it has to be connected with a gravity partical/wave.

Doesn´t this mean that the speed of gravity has to be greater than the speed of light? I.e. if I have a flashlight near a black hole, and I aim the light away from the black hole, will the light then be reverted towards the black hole? If so, the force comming out of teh hole has to have a greater speed than light in order to reach my light?

Any comments are welcome.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins