Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Energy=0?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Timberwolf/">Timberwolf on October 7, 1998 03:03:11 UTC

A little below this post there is another one that says that the total mass and energy potential in the universe is equal to 0, because of the matter/antimatter reactions, and therefor, the amount of matter in the universe must be infinite. You must have lost me somewhere in there, but allow me to say why I think you are wrong, feel free to correct me :) Why does this mean that the amount of matter is infinite? Couldnt it just mean that there is an equal finite amount of matter and antimatter in the universe? Note: I am not saying that this neccesarily points to a God, although i happen to believe in one, I might as well not drag religious arguments into this. Still, isn't it possible that in the "creation" of the universe, an equal amount of matter and antimatter formed, not because of coincidence, but because that had to happen? (I am just speculating here, i am not too familiar with this, but hey, i might as well guess)

In addition to this, if an infinite amount of substance DID exist, our night sky would be as bright as day. Allow e to explain: if an infinite amount of matter existed, then for each star out there, each light emitting thing,would shine down acertain amount of light, even if it were infinitely small. SO if an infinite amoount of stars shined down upon us with a cumulative infinite amount of light, we would have a pure white night sky, no?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins