Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Infinite And Eternal

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Don Jarvis on April 23, 2003 12:18:52 UTC

I assume the universe is infinite and eternal. If it's infinite there's no place else for things to happen. If it's eternal it was never created and cannot be recreated.
If those assumptions are correct the universe must be unstable. Both past and future are infinite. If a thing can happen it will have happened already. It doesn't mean the conjunction of events will always be the same. I assume space is immaterial, therefore not susceptible to bending or straightening. I assume the gravitational force will bring together and compact matter progressively to the point of fission which will generate short term forces orders of magnitude greater than gravity, sufficient to disperse the aggregated matter, overcoming gravity temporarily, permitting the process to repeat. If the aggregate is sufficiently isolated from other aggregates, it could repeat with no addition or loss of matter. It's not likely that there are any totally isolated regions so the process would not repeat infinitely.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins