Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Gravity Wave?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Luton on January 19, 2003 21:47:33 UTC

I think you may be on the right track, but you are giving properties to gravity that are based on a flawed undersanding of what gravity is.

When gravity is properly defined all the elemental forces become a natural property of gravity, or perhaps a better way to describe it would be that the fundamental forces are all aspects of the same property. This is the "Unified Field Theory" that you seek. A way to the answer is by defining the question.

Gravity is not an attractive force. It is an expansive motion. It could be viewed as collapsing also, but this aspect is confusing until the basics of gravity are understood in the manner which they relate to our observable universe.

Beware the use of magic numbers in your quest. The gravitational constant and the permitivity of free space are ways of saying "Miracle happens here" and are useful for quantifying the mystery but not much good at answering fundamental questions. The units of these magic numbers is of some interest, but the units of the fundamental forces are the most interesting.

In SI units:
Gravity is proportional to kg^2/m^2
Energy is proportional to kg*(m/s)^2

If I use the formula for acceleration due to gravity I find that mass * acceleration is proportional to(`) kg*m/s^2`kg^2/m^2. If I solve this equation I find kg`m^3/s^2. Mass (gravitational)is proportionate to the acceleration of volume.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins