Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 12, 2002 15:27:27 UTC

you have evaluated me.

I once got 136 on an IQ test, which puts me into the top 2%. In the RCAF I got perfect on Spatial Relationships aptitude test. In nightshool math I got the top mark in a class of 48.

Now what's your blurt?- a thin line between genius and insanity?

Psychologists, according to Psychology Today of some years back, said that shrinks had the highest rate of suicide in the professions.

Pick your experts more carefully. Let me tell you about shrinks I have known:

One said he had gotten out of psychiatry because he could not stand the guilt trip of years and years of distressed people coming before him, and he making a huge pile of money, and not being able to help them.

Back in the Great Depression of the 1990s, I lost my farm to the (constitutionally illegal) banks, just like the people in The Grapes of Wrath. I went a bit nuts, and got thrown in jail for 4 days to cool off. They sent me to see the two prison psychiatrists. These two characters had such spooky looks in their eyes, they were scarry. If you have ever seen the look in the eyes of an insane person, that was it. I told them what I thought they wanted to hear, in order not to subject me to electroconvulsive shock "therapy", or whatever, and played the contrite little boy.

It is true what "they" say about shrinks getting into the profession to secretly learn how to deal with their own insanities.

I worked in the service department at McMaster U for about 6 months. That included HVAC in the Psychology Building. Alien Abduction devotees must have gotten their abuse ideas from universities. Surely no normal person could dream up sticking probes into a monkey's head and placing him inside a Faraday Shield to see what happens to his brainwave patterns when they stick a pin in his Language Removed.

Bruce, if you need help, try AA or Dianetics. I say that as a true and forgiving friend, who didn't realize the extent of your emotional/rational distress. No point in being angry with someone who is ill. Please forgive my insensitive barbs.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins