Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Photons And Gravitons

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Gutchess on October 9, 2002 03:33:18 UTC

Photons and gravitons are the same thing but with opposite spin. I have defined the photon as having clockwise spin and the graviton having counter-clockwise spin.

I do not see them travelling in a straight line, but rather following the motion of the wave. As I see it, it is the motion of the wave front that causes the spin in the ether that defines the "particle".

If you visualize a classic wave produced by simple harmonic motion, following the typical sine curve, and you envision the energy travelling forward along the path of the curves you will note that on one side of the rectilinear the wave will impart clockwise spin to the ether and on the other side it will impart counter-clockwise spin. The higher the frequency and the shorter the wavelength, the more energetic the spin of the ether, and vice-versa. Longer wavelengths have less vigorously spinning photons.

So all the photons (and gravitons) do is to impart their spin on the matter they collide with. This is what heats up your skin under the light of the sun.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins