Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on October 9, 2002 05:24:45 UTC

Gravitons and photons being the same thing, but opposite: gravitons pull, and photons push; which would seem to null the effect = no gravity force. Or do gravitons pull from the inside and photons push from the outside? I'm not aware of any studies supporting this.

The "motion of a wave" is caused typically by a force opposing momentum. A playground swing opposes gravity force with the swing's momentum. Water the same. A guitar string opposes elastic force with the momentum of the string. They pass the energy back and forth. How does a particle in free flight have its path a wavey one?

Do I follow this correctly?- The wave front is made up of particles, which are caused by the wave front?

As I see it, you're putting a transverse "curve" to the wave. Actually a wave front of particles would more resemble a compression / rarefaction wave, as a sound wave in air. The sine curve is not motion (as with a rope), but rather represents the density variation of the flock of particles. To have a transverse wave, it is necessary to have an elastic wave medium having tensile strength.

To head off granular-water transverse waves being used as an analogy; being gravitationally held to Earth's surface, the surface waves are not a valid analogy for space. Structural integrity having elastic tensile strength is required. Air is closer, even tho' it's granular. At least it supports c/r waves. And the structure must be open to support c/r waves.

But are you thinking of a granular aether, rather than a continuous fabric?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins