Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is It Possible?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Hardeep Kaur on September 9, 2002 15:03:23 UTC

Helo.. im no astronomy buff but i was just thinking. Do ya'll think itz possible for a black hole to suck in an entire planet.. i mean if a star explodes near some planet and turns into a black hole.. could that very planet be sucked into the black hole or will the planet's (e.g: Earth) gravity help to elude the black hole.. In the first place.. is it even possible for a black hole to appear near a planet or can it only be found in the depths of space like that super-monstrous (as quoted by some people) black hole found in the middle of our galaxy.. ?? and should the dreaded collision ever occur between our galaxy and our neighbour, Andromeda, will the planets just 'vapourise' as speculated? So sorry, but i have lotz of questions..

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins