Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Velocity Of Local Space

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 20, 2002 14:43:02 UTC

To quote from the above post

1. 1 is the local coordinate speed of light in geometric units. >>

You first stated the the shell is stationary in space at a distance r from the singulatity at r=0.

The r coordinate system is stationary in the frame of the remote observer.

But in the above quote you show that at the event horizon, in the local coordinate system, the shell is traveling at the speed of light- just as I have always claimed.

So, it certainly appears to be that the local coordinate system, which I take to be space, is being sucked into the black hole. At the event horizon, it is being sucked in at the speed of light. That is why light cannot escape.

So your equations seem to verify my beliefs. Please point out where my thinking has gone astray as in a prior post you stated that space cannot be sucked into the hole, because it does not appear in the equations.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins