Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If Anything Exists,it Obeys Math

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Peter Sanderson on September 12, 2001 19:06:32 UTC

Enjoy reading all who post here,have learned much,I thank you.With regard to the title here,can anyone explain to me the math behind the difference in sound quality of copper loudspeaker cables when the copper configuration is different,ie,solid core,stranded,oxygen free,properties of the sheath material etc.
There are audible differences in the the sound of the reproduced music.A large industry has come into being in designing and selling Hi Fi cables,
the only problem is,it's based on trial,error,and empirical evidence.Big companies involved here have resource and scientists at their disposal,the differenced in sound I hear exists,if it obeys math as we understand it,why isn't it understood?An electical engineer once said to me,copper is copper,its a conductor.Albert had much the same opinion when faced with implications of the event horizon of a black hole.What I am driving at is the implication of quantum theory,and its effect on so many things we do not yet understand.
I feel many of these posts are from the US,I live in England UK,may I express the grief and sorrow we all here feel for you,we are outraged at what has happened,we are with you.
Peter

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins