Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ok I See What You Mean.....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on September 5, 2001 22:01:10 UTC

And I agree with it. Many scholars are very rigid in their system of beliefs. They tend not to take new concepts very acceptingly and open mindedly.

But it is skeptism mind you....that forces one to re-evaluate the validity of his/her claims when confronted with a "hole" in his/her argument. And who better than a skeptic to go searching for the "holes"........? We need a good element of skeptism to pressure any individual to back up his/her claims with convincing evidence and decisive proof........else all is "truth" and nothing is refuted. Both open mindedness and skeptism play key roles in the search for truth.

'Tis the open minds that plow through the unexplored.......leaving trails in their wake. And the skeptics ... that follow these trails, debating with the explorers the whole way along whether the path will ever encounter the land of truth, or whether the path made a wrong turn and should be abandonned altogether......
We all need some good "text-book knowledge" skeptics, to interpret the map and carry a compass ... when we head out in search of truth.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins