Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Spin......?????

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on February 27, 2001 07:44:23 UTC

spin??????
yeah
from my text book in 1st grade to the introduction of "the brief history of time" by carl sagan....
i have known that celestial bodies show spin around their own axis including earth,moon,sun and even the mighty black holes in the galactic centres...and even somehting like human being would be sent spinning off into the space if the gravity of earth is switched off somehow....
my question is :
why do bodies show spin????factors and conditions affecting this spin???? and of course what will happen if bodies dont show spin abt their own axis..?????

i also know that a certain formulated rotational velocity(speed)and hence a certain frequency is required in producing artificial gravity in satellites...
my question is:
what is any role of this spin abt one's own axis in celstial bodies such as earth,moon etc.....????

i also know that an accretion disc composed of gases is formed around a black hole .....
what is the relation betweent he formation of this disc and the rotation black hole ????is there any or not????

also

what are the saturn rings are made of???why,when,and due to which factors such rings are observed and why they are visible in case of saturn ????and all the other general WHYS abt these rings??????

there is a spin in the elementary particles too and hence a certain angular momentum is also possessed by them
my q:
is there any relation of this particular spin with the one associateed with celestial bodies????
if yes,,expalin????
if no,,then explain the nature of this spin tooo??

tell me
where i am wrong
and why
IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins