Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
On God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Al Gobeo on February 11, 2001 04:29:36 UTC

What anyone chooses to believe is his or her choice. I do not feel that it is my place to convince someone to believe in God. I do respect others and hope they will afford me the same respect in regards to my personal spiritual beliefs.

I do believe in God, but do so because of my own convictions and experiences. For those who write on this site whatever your convictions are I will read your opinions, I may not agree with you, but I do enjoy reading diverse ideas.

I can’t prove to anyone that God exists. Nor can I prove how the Universe was put together and the laws that govern it.

Science, mathematics, astrophysics etc, all have their place in my mind as an important part of our existence. Science does not have all the answers, yet some feel that it could or should.

On the lighter side, we were talking about black holes here. So please some one tell me this, where in the Bible does God say “Let there be Light”. Then think about this, the big bang theory states that everything came into existence suddenly, then inflation took place along with the creation of electrons and photons. Anyway it goes something like that.

I know that I do not have the knowledge or the time to research all the different religious writings throughout history and then compare what has been said with all the different scientific theories that have come along. However in this case God and Religion did come before Science and Technology

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins