Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Choice Had God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Reyes on February 11, 2001 13:07:13 UTC

Whilst I agree with Al that science has its methods of understanding then I do not ignore science altogether just because of my beliefs I feel that our search for an understanding be it scientific or religious will lead to a compromise between the two unless either provide evidence to eliminate the other .

Due to my belief in God I feel that science will always be confronted with the sudden appearance of the scala field or the primeval atom without a creator and no matter what hypothesis is brought to our attention by science then a creator has to be the origin of the seed .

We who believe in a creator however cannot ignore scientific understanding for its research and hypothesis I believe will eventually prove that a creator exists , and when this happens I feel that both parties will then unite and understand that our past historical understanding of events whilst touching on truth was also far from the main highway .

What choice had God in creating the universe, we do not know , we cannot rule out then that a scala field was really a field of pure energy where matter could have been first created , whilst we search today for the graviton then its ellusive nature also allows us to believe that the scala field of pure energy is a God of no shape or form , we may wonder how he can move the universe or how he can answer all the millions of prayers at once but forget the possibility that such a pure energy field is everywhere in the form of light , we know not the reason for light other than life needs to live by it , we also know not how this energy field can accomplish all the above for we know not how many ears or eyes God has , we would not understand the intelligence of a such an energy for we are ourselves on a side road only just starting our journey on the highway to God .

God saying that he is the light and the life then makes us part of him , we question his existence but forget that perhaps God asks that of himself , we wonder how we got here why then should God not ask that of himself , we can continue deducting but eventually have to accept that something had to exist , take away light and there is darkness , take away darkness then what would remain , it just cannot be done , tell me can you invision a pure ring of light above your head without a break in it , well I then think God is everything because he just had to be and had no choice .

Whilst our science seeks an understanding one cannot forget that the universe was long here before a scientific measurement was created , we could easily fit a measurement to suit the universe but must not forget that the universe also fits our existence of which light seems to have been the only force to have been highlighted by many scientists on this highway to understanding that would not be lit unless light did not exist .

Whilst religion has no meaning for me now or in the future I cannot rule out a God , I think free will is ours to shape our world and understanding and help comes to those who help themselves , to seek then the existence of God then one cannot also rule out a scientific understanding , we could easily force our measurements to show a God as not existing but even none believers would not allow this to happen for it then defeats the object of understanding our being in the first place .

regards

John Reyes

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins