Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Time Slowing Down Question.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on February 7, 2001 18:14:45 UTC

Alright, let's say that time is a physical reaction to the expansion of the universe. This would explain why at c, time would seem to stop. Would it also explain why time slows down near heavenly bodies? I think it might. Now I am assuming to use the rubber mat example for spacetime. If any assumption I make is not correct, SAY SO PLEASE!!!, anyways, lets place a large ball on the mat and the rubber mat deflects as spacetime would. Lets take five x-sections of the ball. (a) One on the far right side, (b) the far left side, (c) one directly down the middle, (d) one on the right of the center but still under the ball, and (e) one on the left of the center but still under the ball. X-sections a and b would be free of any time dilations, if dilations is the proper term here. When I say dilation, I mean slowing down of time. X-sections c and d would have significant time dilation and e would see the greatest dilation. Why? Because that is where the greatest bending of spacetime occurs. So as to time, it may mean that time is governed by two things. First, the differential speed of the object versus the expansion of the universe. Second, the "angle" at which the spacetime is curved. The sharper the angle, the slower time slows. This is in check with the event horizon because time ends at the infinite angle of bending of spacetime. This does mean that the universe is a large holographic room where every point has a vector. Any object within the universe occupies the these vectors and is influenced by whatever the vectors do, as in spacing and whatnot.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins