Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Holes And The Big Bang

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 29, 2001 17:12:54 UTC

Here is something I posted on the superstring forum. But it did not get a response. I'm wondering if a response would be forthcoming here. It has to do with black holes.

"I would like to hear comments regarding the possibility that the vacuum unified field is actually described by the original 26-D non-supersymmetric closed string theory. This theory was abandoned in favor of the supersymmetric 10-D theories because it did not allow for matter and contains tachyons, particles that travel faster than the speed of light.

But the unified field should not contain mass. And before the big bang, perhaps particles could travel faster than the speed of light. Light did not even exist.

I particularly like the fit of 26-D string theory with Smolin's hypothesis, in the Newton sense, that universes emerge out of black holes. I am willing to hypothesize that the unified field exists within the singularities of black holes, probably within a protective membrane that keeps all 10-D mass on the outside. Then new universes emerge, as described in Greene's book, when the 26-D compactify into a 10-D space capable of containing matter.

Well, Greene did not talk about 26-D. He just suggested that separate space-times can snap off from existing space-times. Black holes would be the suitable place, soas not to interfere with the mother universe."

There has been some discussion on this forum about creation and what came before. Well, this is the most prominent view currently in science circles as to how it all happens. Simply put, black holes produce new universes. And Greene's book, "The Elegant Universe" describes how it happens.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins