Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Embody?? Black Holes?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on January 28, 2001 12:38:27 UTC

I do not understand the phrase "Embody Black Holes". Do you mean, have the characteristic that nothing (worth reading) emanates or produces a response? If that is the case then the answer is yes -- the world is chock full of idiots. With regard to why we keep reading: we're all just "looking for the pony".

You do realize that the crowd here is no crowd. All these postings are done by fewer than 25 different login names. I have had more people than that to a party at my house (and got better conversation too.) When you read them you have to consider the source.

I have read almost everything here and have my impressions (and I don't mean to upset people). I have jotted down the following on notepad while reading:

egauldin ----- very rational but limited education; good guy and well intentioned!
alexander ---- very rational education unknown; good guy seems to want to learn!
bruce ---- appears to be a graduate student; begining to show signs of educational stupification; I don't think he can think for himself.
bkparque---- could be some AI program just spouting garbage.
ramromhum---- sorry fella, you need to go to school.
gobeo---- you need a little more introduction to rational thought.
yanniru---- seems only to make rational comments and shows signs of being informed.
phobos---- rational and open but appears to give too much credit to authorities.
jim_b---- seems to have an open mind and some education???
gwynj---- He (she??) seems to be listening; that shows sense! seems to like fun too.
bladesinger---- sorry fella, but you need a little more education. You are speaking about things you do not understand though you do seem to read a lot. Maybe you lack the math to understand? As I read further I begin to suspect educational stupification.
richard---- I can't find any fault with what he says; sounds like a good guy to me.
simple---- his login describes him
skintless---- sorry, seems well meaning but out of his depth!
Jisbond---- totally wierd
newmaniese---- I have no idea what I am supposed to say about him.

Please inform me if you think I have misjudged anyone!

DoctorDick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins