Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: I Have One Problem With That.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert on November 22, 2000 06:59:46 UTC

You'll have to come down to my level on this one, since apparently my logic is still perverted.

Firstly, the question was "Why does time seem to slow down?" in the context of nearing the speed of light. The word "seem" implies to a feeling or localized observation.

The clock does not have its own frame reference, for it is in the frame of the universe (unless to itself).

I can vaguely understand what you are saying, and I am speculating on English technicalities that may or may not be relevant.

The reason why the book series For Dummies is so popular, is because the reader (whom is seeking knowledge) is able to comprehend what is being read. Or rather, the books apply to a lower common denominator of the human race, to wit we all may learn something new. Either case, your answer would only make sense to someone who already knows what your talking about (as proven by the reply to your statement, not by me).

Stew a bit, but realize, if I didn't really care, I wouldn't have spent this time writing trying to reach nirvana in my understanding.

-Tchzarmok

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins