Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reply To Bladesinger's Post

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by MrOKL on November 1, 2000 03:06:03 UTC

Bladesinger Posted:

Okay, I've been thinking and I think I've thought of a suitable answer... Let's begin with the electromagnetic force. The photon is its intermediary particle, which means that the electromagnetic force is carried by the photon. The photon is not affected by the electromagnetic force like matter is. The graviton is the intermediary particle for the gravitational force. It carries the gravitational force. Therefore, just as the photon is not affected by the electromagnetic force, the graviton is not affected by the gravitational force. This means that a graviton would have no trouble with black holes or other massive objects.
A thought just hit me. Assuming the above is correct (which makes sense to me, if it deosn't to you, let me know so I can rethink this), if the photon is affected by the gravitational force (as evidenced by black holoes) then what if gravitons are affected by the electromagnetic force? This is also assuming that gravitons exist... (although string theory predicts them, we as-of-yet have not observed any).
Also, does anybody know if the strong force has any effect on photons or gravitons? I forgot what the intermediary particle for the strong force is, but is it affected by the electromagnetic force or the gravitational force? I neglected to mention the weak force because I am still reading about it and its apparent marriage with the electromagnetic force....

Any questions? comments? suggestions? I'd appreciate anything and everything - especially on the second part... that is very intriguing...
-------------------------------------------------

My Reply:
First things first…if gravitons are NOT affected by gravity…then they would generally be stationary about their positions won’t they? Then how strong the total gravity is would probably be determined how many gravitons are in that space. OK….i picture this as someone pulling a screen (OHP screen)…the screen are made up of many gravitons…there is a core pulling the gravitons…since the gravitons don’t move, but they still have the gravity pull they will pull the falling matter towards them (due to spacetime curvature, or u would say that matter falls into the hole)…then the gravitons are affected by the electromagnetic force(affected by the electrons and protons)…then it would behave some what like a photon and fall into the dark abyss.

Secondly, if gravitons are NOT affected by gravity, they would probably be moving around like mad gases…reacting with the matter falling into the hole and become contain EMF and again behave some what like a photon. If a graviton was to move about freely and as a particle fall into the hole…the graviton will then drag the particle downwards…since the graviton now isn’t totally a graviton and therefore goes down the black hole.

If gravitons in the first place ARE affected by the EMF…then they would become very reactive and drag the electrons/protons/neutrons/larger matter with them down the hole. If the photons were to get sucked down from one side of the black hole, it would not affect the gravitons on the other side of the hole would they? Since the gravity it pulling it downwards. A photon with EMF does affect the graviton, since the photon goes down the hole, it WILL affect the graviton and give it some sort of EMF and together the graviton goes down the black hole.

I think that gravity grows stronger as it goes down. Since this is so…then the gravity down below would be strong enough to drag the electrons apart from the protons and neutrons.

Basically my thought would be since electromagnetic force and gravitational force generally pull particles towards them…question is:

Will they attract each other? Or will they repel each other? Will they REACT with each other and form a new force/particle?

If they repel each other then all my words up there will be written for nothing.

Yep...im getting a little messed up here...better get off...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins