Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Ideas

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Freeballs on September 14, 2000 21:04:44 UTC

I like your ideas. I was thinking about what I posted and I was wishing to change some of it. What you said about reaching the event horizon makes sense. If somebody were to pass through it, their perspective of time passage would theoretically experience it stop at the point that they physically reached the speed of light (i.e. the event horizon). As they increase in velocity, past the speed of light and deeper towards the mass, isn`t it logical that their perception of time would reverse? I agree that a black hole would be symmetric. I don`t know about passing through the center. It`s difficult to say what a person would experience if their perception of time reversed. Maybe that would explain why it appears that black holes suck everything in and yet nothing appears to comes out. Maybe nothing comes out of the black hole that we observe. Maybe things go in from our perspective and then things come out from another (dimensionally seperate) perspective where the dimension of time is the reverse of ours.

Another idea is that a black hole takes all energy in while a star puts nothing but energy out. Plus and minus. It is consistent with nature on earth with electricity, magnetism etc...
Maybe you go into a black hole and come out of a star. The only problem with this is that it would burn really bad.

I was also thinking about whether or not you would be squished by it. I`ll have to think about that some more. For some reason, I don`t think so.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins