Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Seeing Inside A Black Hole

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Vik on August 22, 2000 23:02:58 UTC

What happens to a ball that you throw up in the air, when it does not have enough velocity to pass the atomosphere? Naturally it falls toward the center. Just as objects that fall from a great height have a terminal velocity, so does photons, which is the speed of light!

When light is captured it is sucked in, never leaving the dense mass. It essentially approaches the singularity point. This is what physicist claim that is!

The perception of objects travelling faster than light is perceived. For instance, if I fire a gun as I am travelling on a plane, the speed of the bullet is the speed of the plane plus the speed at which the bullet is forced out. This is a perception, but in actuallity, the bullet does not have a combined speed. This main disception of speeds greater than light is due events not being simutaneous. Once perceives something to occur before the other person sees it. Yes the event that is happening is travelling at the speed of light! People think its a paradox, but its not. Sure there have been people saying that things travel faster than light, but there is no hard evidence yet!

Light is a strange thing, photons are ageless, since the beginning of time! This to people is not comprehensible, but it very true that it is ageless.

If your really interested in space as seem to be, my advice to you, is to first master Special Relativity. Then move on to General Relativity, in where you will understand black holes much better. A black hole is a mere warpage of spacetime. This is understood fully by understanding General Relativity. Mind you its not very easy to fully understand. I have been trying to understand Einsteins principles in detail for many years. Skip the mathmatics, learn to theory first!

Let me know if you need anymore questions answered!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins