Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Question About The Source Of Energy In Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Aksel on June 3, 2000 19:33:32 UTC

it is a question regarding the transition of a star to a black hole in the energetical point of view. As far as i know when a star starts to collapse into a singularity - the black hole its radius goes to zero so all the molecular energy it is converted in x - ray energy or heat. my question is. The gravitational energy that the star possesed before collapsing was a certain amount , lets say: s1. The gravitational energy that the collapsed star the singularity posseses after the transformation is much much grater than s1. According to the universal law of conservation of energy there must be source of this energy so our energy equation will stand equal, What is the source of this enormous gravitational enregy that the black hole posseses? It cant be the molecular energy it had as it converted to x-ray enrgy. if i made any wrong assumptions can you explain me what and why. looking forward for an answer.
Aksel - aksel@capital.net

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins