Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Question About The Source Of Energy In Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by CL on June 4, 2000 18:49:21 UTC

I can try to answer your question, but I can`t guarantee my answer`s accuracy. First of all, what is this molecular energy you speak of? Do molecules even exist in a star? The star is to hot to even contain ATOMS, as the enormous energy in a star strips particles to the bone. By the time an atom is even formed it is ripped apart again into an ion by the heat of the star. The
X-rays are caused by accelerations of charge and intense heat. Since radiation is released when a charged particle is accelerated, and heat energy is the random jittery motion of internal particles, then an enormous heat calls for enormous motion, and hence enormous radaiton: X-rays. Even orbital acceleration is huge. So lots of radiation is released. Also keep in mind that if I were at a given distance from a star, and it collapsed into a black hole, I would experience no increase in the gravitational force. So gravity is the same strength at all parameters around the collapsed star, until you start heading into the interior of where the star once was. The closer you get to the black hole, the more you notice this change in gravitational force. As you appraoch the event horizon, gravity will mount to such a strength as to have a greater escape velocity than the speed of light. So to answer your question, the X-rays are accounted for by the orbital velocity and heat. The increase in gravitational strength is due to the increased density of matter, calling for a "deeper well in the space-time rubber sheet".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins