Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Just Wonderring

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark Parsons on March 20, 2000 21:20:36 UTC

Hey CL again...

I must say I`m kinda lost in your question. I don`t have the equation for gravitational potential energy right now but it is a form of energy. See the key which you might be missing is to have Potential energy, energy must first be placed into the system or more commenly in physics into an object. I will find the equation for you so that may solve you problem in a more mathematical way.

You are right in saying that m(mass)=E/C^2 so thus a large amount of mass requires an amazing amount of energy. That is why in an atomic bomb only a very very very small portion of the element that is split is used. Because remember that E(energy)= M(mass) x C(the speed of light)^2
So the more mass you convert into energy which is the case in a fision blast then the more energy you will have produced. I hope this helps.

Mark...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins