Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Relativity Acceleration Or Velocity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Zephram Cochrane/">Zephram Cochrane on February 9, 2000 05:11:01 UTC

: i am completely lost now on how light i understand it travels as a wave or a partical and can be considered either way but i dont understand if it travels at a speed of c a set constant how fast is the wave moveing away from a object moveing at the speed of light ?

This question is a "special relativity question", and in special relativity "objects" simply do not travel at the speed of light. Whether the light is treated as particle or wave really isn't relevant. We can say the wave crest travels at c or we can sat the photons travel at c either way it is the same speed c as observed by either of the coordinate frames.

• http://hometown.aol.com//zephcochrane/WarpDrives.html

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins