Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not An Answer But... (and An Additional Question)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rntt... on September 7, 1998 01:08:51 UTC

: i plan to do a project on black holes, but i don't know much about them. i read something about the sun becoming a black hole. When the sun does turn into black hole, we are not threaten by it. My questions are: Is there another star to supply us with sunlight? Are there any signs that the sun might become a black hole? How offten do black holes occur? Can black holes be predicted? If so, was there ever a scientist that thought about placing a device close to the star before it becomes a black hole; hopefully the device would go into the hole to explore the other dimension. : thank u for ur time....=)

For one thing the nearest star other than the sun is about 4 light years away, so no sunlight.

Considering the fact that the nearest star is that far away, how the hell is the scientist supposed to get the probe close to it. As for predicting it, It would take millions of years, so if someone predicts it, by the time it happens, everyone will have forgotten the prediction, and at the time of the prediction, no one would care.

Plus a question - Are black holes actually known to exist, or is it just a theory?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins