Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is Hope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 28, 2003 13:57:20 UTC

RE:>> * I cannot reakon it with "woman's water breaking. *
You know that I cannot convince you, but thank you for listening.

RE:>> * What he says below is that you must be born BOTH of the water and the spirit. That of course contradicts your clain that water baptism is not necessary. But let's read the whole chapter again: *
Yes, let’s read it again. DO you see “water” and “flesh” are related ?

RE:>> * Now it seems quite clear that Jesus is talking of birth via baptism, either of water or of the spirit. *
Did Jesus mention “baptism” any where there ?
( Let alone in reference to “water” or “flesh” ?
But He did say “how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? “

RE:>> * Yet 3:5-6 could have a double meaning. It could have a cosmic meaning in that there is two great concurrent evolutions going on, the evolution of physical beings and the evolution of spiritual beings. I thank God and Eric for that insight. *
You may thank me, but it is false.

RE:>> * In this context 3:13 is very interesting. Is Jesus saying that he is the only one to have descended from heaven. Yet from Matthew we learn that Jesus was fathered by the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb. *
Wow! You really are starting to see the Trinity.

RE:>> * Perhaps we are in error in thinking that only the son of Man has descended from heaven.
In order to make both scriptues consistent, it must be that the product of the union of Mary and the Holy Spirit was flesh and then later in the pregnancy the Spirit of Jesus descended from heaven into the fetus.

That is exactly how reincarnation works. Now admittedly Jesus does not say it has to happen multiple times, but what he does say is not inconsistent with reincarnation, at least in his case. *
Well, I did have a little hope for a second. Poof !

RE:>> * Thank you for your kind words in the other post. I did warn you that I would be a thorn in your side. *
You are not a thorn my friend, but a treasure.

Love, Eric

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins