Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re:12 Or 5 Micron Grit As Polish...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rick on December 9, 2003 04:20:26 UTC

As for the polishing with grit, I have yet to try that so I shall leave that to those more aquainted with the overall process of it.

Continue with the 12m,shorter strokes and see if it is removing the sleeks, they usually go away pretty fast, but if not, going back to 25m is a good choice, 320 might be going to far back.. its all a learning experience the first time out, have fun, it will help you with that 16" mirror you are going to want to make next. :)

P.S. Bob is the man to listen to, he knows his way around the barrel so to speak, has helped me plenty in the past, thanks Bob.

=====
Rick M
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AllAstronomyAllTheTime

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins