Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Foucault Data Reduction

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ian McKernan on September 17, 2002 11:09:23 UTC

Hi all! I'm figuring my 10" mirror at the moment and have just done my first set of Foucault test readings. Am using TEX to do the figures. This however, freezes after i generate the graphs and it is difficult to get printouts(the directions in the readme file that comes with Tex dont seem to work for a Win2K environment) Ive asked the computer dudes at work and they gave me some pointers on how to print the graphs under Win2k which i'll try. The directions that some with TEX work fine for a Win95 box.

Anyone out there know of a program that runs under Win2K, and produces the same type of outputs as TEX??

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins