Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Visual Or Camera Focusser

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rodtelescope on February 15, 2001 07:21:56 UTC

Newbie building a newtonian telescope. Plan to use a 2 inch focusser. Eventually I wish to motorize the telescope for photography. I notice on the web and magazines that cameras seem to have about 2 inches of hardware between them and the focusser. This implies that the focusser must have at least 3 inches of travel to use an eyepiece or a camera. The popular(?) focussers seem to be the low-profile helical style. So how do they accommodate cameras or should I be looking at a large rack and pinion type?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2023 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins