Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Check Of Log On Procedure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tom Leech on October 30, 2000 01:06:30 UTC

i am testing the log on procedure. if this works, it is because i did the following:

--i tried to comment on something that another poster had said, but was told to log myself on
--i then chose a user name which was my name without a space after tom, and an eight letter password that i would not forget.
--i then submitted that and answered my email which automatically sent me a querie from astronomy.net (i confirmed that i was the applicant)
-- we then went through a little routine where astronomy.net sent my computer a "cookie" which allows them to know who is answering or entering their discussions. this is not new to me, since when i go to www.astromart.com, a little note welcomes me by name, ie my computer already has a "cookie" from them. one might think this is invasive, but they all do it, they all know who you are if you have done any business with them.
--anyway, i went from astronomy net to ebay or somewhere else for a while to let myself get registered properly, and came back to astronomy net and made my comment in the telescope making forum.
--it worked for me if this shows up in the telescope making discussion. tom leech

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins