Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Where Can I Get Tube Connectors?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Doug on May 6, 2000 18:01:10 UTC

Hi All,

I am constructing a couple of truss-tube Dobs roughly along the lines of Kriege and Berry`s "The Dobsonian Telescope". Right now, I am having some difficulty in locating a source for the tube connectors that the authors advocate for joining the struts to the end rings on the secondary cage. Superior Components make the things, but only sells them in 1000 piece quantities.

I am interested whether anyone else has run up against this difficulty and how you got around it.



Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins